Registration for the 2017-2018 season is now open!
The Children's Basketball League is for boys and girls 6 to 13 years old (age as of January 1, 2018). Boys and girls will play in separate leagues (not coed). The cost of registration is $75.
As our Sports Ministry has grown to the extent that we now have more than 3000 participants annually, the number of "same team player requests" and "specific coach requests" has reached the point that we are no longer able to accommodate all the requests due to time constraints along with our desire to attempt to create "equally skilled" teams.
With that being said, as this is a ministry in which we use sports as a way to reach new families (outreach requests), we will accommodate a request to play on the same team if the person you have invited has not previously participated in a Colonial Sports Ministry league.
In addition to this we are unfortunately not able to honor specific date and time requests.
In rare instances, we will allow a skilled 5-year-old to play in the U8 (6 & 7 years old) division, or allow a very skilled player to play in an older age division. In both cases, you MUST first contact us for approval.
- All players MUST attend. Please plan on 60-90 minutes for the evaluation.
- Your child will attend on either Thursday, October 26th or Friday, October 27th, depending on what you selected during registration.
- You will receive a day and a time slot between 5:00-8:00 pm once we have established our schedule.
- The evaluations only help us attempt to create equally skilled teams. They are not tryouts!
- One hour on either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evenings
- 4:45, 5:30, 6:15, 7:00, or 7:45 practice times.
- Practices start the week of December 11th.
- The registration allows you to choose one night you cannot practice on.
- Younger teams will practice earlier if coach availability allows.
Games are played on Saturdays. The season will begin on Saturday, January 7th and conclude on Saturday, February 18th (7 games).
The following game times are likely but not guaranteed. They may change from season to season
|U8 Boys||8-12||U8 Girls||10-12|
|U10 Boys||8-1:30||U10 Girls||12:30-3:30|
|U12 Boys||1:30-5:30||U12 Girls||3:30-5:30|
|U14 Boys||5:30-7:30||U14 Girls||5:30-7:30|
The U8 league uses a 27.5" ball and the U10-U14 leagues use a 28.5" ball. The U8 league plays on 8' goals, the U10 league plays on 9' goals, and the U12-U14 leagues play on 10' goals.
"We are so grateful for your tremendous effort in this ministry. At a neighborhood party last weekend, we had a couple that does not attend our church but does participate in basketball at Colonial commenting on how efficient and well run the evaluation nights went. Last year was their first year with us, and the father spoke about how much they liked the devotions done with the team. We see that this ministry is reaching far and wide into our community, and making a real impact in the lives of families all around us." Teresa
|U8 Boys||U8 Girls|
|U10 Boys||U10 Girls|
|U12 Boys||U12 Girls|
|U14 Boys||U14 Girls|
|Practice Map||Game Map|
|Children's Basketball Calendar||Parent & Coach Handbook|
|Children's Basketball Coach||Ministry Volunteer Application|
|Parent/Coach Handbook||Coach's Meeting Video|
Referee & Scorekeeper Info
|Referee Registration||Ministry Volunteer Application|
|U8 Rules||U10-U12 Rules||U14 Rules|