Registration for the 2017 Spring League is now open
- The children will meet once per week for one hour on Saturdays
- Season starts on Saturday, April 8th, 2017 and ends on Saturday, May 20th, 2017 (6 total sessions).
- Games will not be played the weekends of Easter or Memorial Day.
- Boys and girls are separated (not co-ed)
- Teams typically have no more than 10 children.
- They will begin to learn basic skills through fun games and have an opportunity for a "mini-scrimmage" each Saturday morning.
- Potential Saturday practice/scrimmage time slots will be 9:15 am, 10:30 am, and 11:45 am.
- Field location and time slot remains the same throughout the season. Field locations are indicated on the map below. They are fields "A" through "J".
- There will be a water break and team devotion halfway through the one hour session.
Equipment requirements for this league include:
- Tennis shoes (rubber cleats optional)
- Shin guards
- Socks that will cover the shin guards
- Sports shorts preferably without pockets
- A size 3 or size 4 soccer ball (please clearly write your child's first and last name in black permanent marker on the ball!)
We have been through all the lessons each week thus far. This weekend I plan to do a wrap up of everything we have discussed throughout this season and I am planning to conduct this Saturday's water break over by the parents. With 4 year olds, it's hard to determine if they are absorbing what we are teaching. However, my prayer for this weekend is that the parents will hear the wrap up and be moved by the message. I pray that God will transform them personally or that he will move in them to minister to their children on a daily basis.
I just wanted to say that my son came home from his last soccer game talking about the gospel message he heard from his coach and how the Bible is true. I'm sure he's heard it many times between home, Sunday school, and AWANA - but somehow the way it was presented clicked a little more than in the past. Just wanted to let you know!
- We will attempt to honor "same team" player requests for the Developmental Soccer League.
- We will also attempt to place returning players on the same team, unless otherwise requested.
- Your child must be at least 4 years old on, or before 3/1/2017 in order to participate in the spring league.
- There is not an "Evaluation Night" for this league.
- The fee for this league is $45.
- Registration will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, March 31st.