This league is only offered in the fall each year and is intended for boys and girls 6 to 13 years old (as of 9/1/2018). There will be a U8 (ages 6-7) age division, a U10 (ages 8-9) age division, a U12 (ages 10-11) age division, a U14 (ages 12-13) age division or a U9 (ages 6-8), U11 (ages 9 & 10), and U14 (Ages 11-13) age division dependent on number of participants. There will be one mandatory evaluation night for ALL players on Tuesday, August 7th from 6:00pm- 7:15pm to help create "equally skilled" teams (mouth guards are not required for the Evaluation Night) . The cost of registration is $75. Registration will close Monday, August 6th at 11:59 PM.
Since Colonial Sports Ministry has grown to more than 3000 participants annually, we are no longer able to accommodate every request. However, we can:
- Allow you to select one night you unable to practice
- Allow your children to play on the same team of whomever you invite (as long as they have never participated in CSM)
- Do our best to have siblings practice on the same night
- Practices will be held once per week either on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15 - 7:30 pm starting the week of August 27th.
- You will be able to exclude one practice night.
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
- Games will begin on Saturday, September 8th and conclude on Saturday, October 20th (7 games).
- Games are played on Saturdays between 8am - 4:30pm
- Each game will be 60 minutes long consisting of four 12 minute quarters (2 minute break after the 1st quarter, a 5 minute half-time, and a 2 minute break after the 3rd quarter).
- All games will be played at Colonial.
- Since we are a recreational league, we ask all our coaches to have their players play varied positions throughout the season.
Game Schedules Fall 2018 - Flag Football
|U9 Flag Football|
|U11 Flag Football|
|U14 Flag Football|
Required equipment includes:
- a mouth piece
- shorts with no pockets
- Cleats are optional, but suggested.
- As we will provide footballs for teams to use, players should not bring their own football to the field.
- U9 & U11 age divisions will use a pee-wee sized football, and the U14 age division will use an intermediate football.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of these young men's lives. I can say that these young men are on the right path. As we conducted devotion time these young men were articulate with their answers and some quoted scripture. I was very encouraged by this and coach Mark and I really encouraged them with their faith walk. I do enjoy coaching and mentoring, it is a great opportunity to encourage and be a positive influence in the lives of many.