Registration for the 2017 Fall League will open on June 1st, 2017!
This league is only offered in the fall each year and is intended for boys and girls 6 to 13 years old (as of 9/1/2015). There will be a U8 (ages 6-7) age division, a U10 (ages 8-9) age division, a U12 (ages 10-11) age division, a U14 (ages 12-13) age division or a U9 (ages 6-8), U11 (ages 9 & 10), and U14 (Ages 11-13) age division dependent on number of participants. There will be one mandatory evaluation night for ALL players on Thursday, August 11th from 6:00pm- 7:15pm to help create "equally skilled" teams (mouth guards are not required for the Evaluation Night) . The cost of registration is $70. Registration will close Thursday, August 11th.
- Practices will be held once per week either on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15 - 7:30 pm starting the week of August 29th.
- You will be able to exclude one practice night..
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
- Games will begin on Saturday, September 10th and conclude on Saturday, October 22nd (7 games).
- Games are played on Saturdays from 9am - 4:30pm
- Each game will be 60 minutes long consisting of four 12 minute quarters (2 minute break after the 1st quarter, a 5 minute half-time, and a 2 minute break after the 3rd quarter).
- The fee for this league is $70 which includes a jersey and an "end of the season" participation gift.
- All games will be played at Colonial.
Required equipment includes:
a mouth piece
shorts with no pockets
Cleats are optional, but suggested.
As we will provide footballs for teams to use, players should not bring their own football to the field.
U8-U10 will use a "pee-wee" sized football, and U12-U14 will use an intermediate football.
As our Sports Ministry has grown to the extent that we now have more than 3000 participants annually, the number of "same team player requests" and "specific coach requests" has reached the point that we are no longer able to accommodate all the requests due to time constraints along with our desire to attempt to create "equally skilled" teams. If siblings are participating in the same league, then we will be able to place them on the same team. Otherwise, there is no guarantee that siblings will be practicing on the same night of the week, although we will do all we can to try and place them on the same night to avoid families having to come out to the fields multiple times throughout the week.
With that being said, as this is a ministry in which we use sports as a way to reach NEW families, we will accommodate requests to play together on the same team in which the person(s) you have invited has not previously participated in a Colonial Sports Ministry league. Due to the number of participants, we do not accommodate specific coaching requests unless the coach invited you into the league and this is the first time your child has participated in one of our leagues.
In addition to this we are unfortunately not able to honor specific week day and time practice night requests.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of these young men's lives. I can say that these young men are on the right path. As we conducted devotion time these young men were articulate with their answers and some quoted scripture. I was very encouraged by this and coach Mark and I really encouraged them with their faith walk. I do enjoy coaching and mentoring, it is a great opportunity to encourage and be a positive influence in the lives of many.