Registration for Spring 2019 Is Now Closed
Machine Pitch Baseball is a great way to continue to develop the fundamental skills required to be a baseball player while helping prepare children for their future participation in sports as well as life.
The league is co-ed and open to boys and girls from 8-13 years old (age as of 3/1/19). The league will consist of at least 2 age divisions with the exact age split to be determined based on registration numbers (usually 8-9-year-olds and 10-13-year-olds). Also, since we are a recreational league, we ask all our coaches to have their players play varied positions throughout the season. The registration fee is $70. Registration for this league will close at 11:59 pm on Monday, February 25th.
Game Schedules Spring 2019
To help create equally skilled teams, there will be one mandatory (please go ahead and place this on your calendar now) evaluation night on Tuesday, February 26th from 5:30-6:45. Players will only need to bring a glove. In case of rain on 2/26, our rain make-up date will be on Thursday, February 28th.
Since Colonial Sports Ministry has grown to more than 3000 participants annually, we are no longer able to accommodate every request. However, we will
- Allow you to select one night you unable to practice,
- Allow your children to play on the same team of whomever you invite (as long as it is their first time participating in the Colonial Sports Ministry),
- And do our best to have siblings practice on the same night.
- Practices begin the week of March 18th and will conclude the week of May 13th.
- Teams will practice once per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15-7:30 pm.
- Because of possible family scheduling conflicts, you will be able to exclude one practice night
- Each practice will include a 10-minute team meeting and devotion
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
Required equipment includes:
- A glove
- Tennis shoes or rubber cleats (recommended)
- Black baseball pants without pockets
Jerseys, hats, balls, bats, and helmets will be provided. We will play on a lined field which will include team benches for the players and an outfield fence.
Rules and Helpful Materials
|Machine Pitch Rules||2019 Spring Machine Pitch Calendar|
|Parent Coach Handbook - Spring||Concussion Symptoms|
|Machine Pitch Coach Registration||MVA - Ministry Volunteer Application|
|General Coach's Meeting Video||Machine Pitch Coach Video|
|Coaching 101||Coaching 102|
|Baseball Lineup Tool|