Spring Machine Pitch has moved to a wailist.
Machine Pitch Baseball is a great way to continue to develop the fundamental skills required to be a baseball player while helping prepare children for their future participation in sports as well as life.
The league is co-ed and open to boys and girls from 8-13 years old (age as of 3/1/17). The league will consist of at least 2 age divisions with the exact age split to be determined based on registration numbers(usually 8-9-year-olds and 10-13-year-olds). The registration fee is $65.
To help create equally skilled teams, there will be one mandatory evaluation night on March 2nd, 2017 from 5:15-6:30 pm. Players will only need to bring a glove.
As our Sports Ministry has grown to the extent that we now have more than 3000 participants annually, the number of "same team player requests" and "specific coach requests" has reached the point that we are no longer able to accommodate all the requests due to time constraints along with our desire to attempt to create "equally skilled" teams. If siblings are participating in the same league, then we will be able to place them on the same team. Otherwise, there is no guarantee that siblings will be practicing on the same night of the week, although we will do all we can to try and place them on the same night to avoid families having to come out to the fields multiple times throughout the week.
With that being said, as this is a ministry in which we use sports as a way to reach NEW families, we will accommodate requests to play together on the same team in which the person(s) you have invited has not previously participated in a Colonial Sports Ministry league. Due to the number of participants, we do not accommodate specific coaching requests unless the coach invited you into the league and this is the first time your child has participated in one of our leagues.
In addition to this we are unfortunately not able to honor specific week day and time practice night requests.
- Practices begin the week of 3/20/17
- Teams will practice once per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15 – 7:30 pm.
- Because of possible family scheduling conflicts, you will be able to exclude one practice night
- Each practice will include a 10-minute team meeting and devotion
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
- Games start on Saturday, April 1st, 2017. The final games will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2017 (7 total games)
- We will not play Easter or Memorial Day weekends
Required equipment includes:
- A glove
- Tennis shoes or rubber cleats (recommended)
- Black baseball pants without pockets
Jerseys, hats, balls, bats, and helmets will be provided. We will play on a lined field which will include team benches for the players and an outfield fence.
Machine Pitch Baseball Rosters Spring 2017
|Machine Pitch Ages 8-9||Machine Pitch Ages 10-13|
Game Schedules 2017 Spring
Rules and Helpful Materials
|Machine Pitch Rules||2017 Spring Baseball Calendar|
|Parent/Coach Hanbook||Concussion Symptoms|
|Machine Pitch Coach Registration||MVA - Ministry Volunteer Application|
|Coach's Meeting Video||Baseball Lineup Tool|
|Basic Coaches Info||Advanced Coaches Info|
|Machine Pitch Rules|