Registration for the spring league has moved to a waitlist.
Machine Pitch Baseball is a great way to continue to develop the fundamental skills required to be a baseball player while helping prepare children for their future participation in sports as well as life.
The league is co-ed and open to boys and girls from 8-13 years old (age as of 3/1/18). The league will consist of at least 2 age divisions with the exact age split to be determined based on registration numbers(usually 8-9-year-olds and 10-13-year-olds). Also, since we are a recreational league, we ask all our coaches to have their players play varied positions throughout the season. The registration fee is $70.
To help create equally skilled teams, there will be one mandatory (please go ahead and place this on your calendar now) evaluation night on Tuesday, February 27th from 5:30-6:45. Players will only need to bring a glove.
Since Colonial Sports Ministry has grown to more than 3000 participants annually, we are no longer able to accommodate every request. However, we can:
- Allow you to select one night you unable to practice
- Allow your children to play on the same team of whomever you invite (as long as they have never participated in CSM)
- Do our best to have siblings practice on the same night
- Practices begin the week of March 26th and will conclude the week of May 14th.
- Teams will practice once per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15 – 7:30 pm.
- Because of possible family scheduling conflicts, you will be able to exclude one practice night
- Each practice will include a 10-minute team meeting and devotion
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
Required equipment includes:
- A glove
- Tennis shoes or rubber cleats (recommended)
- Black baseball pants without pockets
Jerseys, hats, balls, bats, and helmets will be provided. We will play on a lined field which will include team benches for the players and an outfield fence.
Rules and Helpful Materials
|Machine Pitch Rules||2018 Spring Baseball Calendar|
|Parent/Coach Handbook||Concussion Symptoms|
|Machine Pitch Coach Registration||MVA - Ministry Volunteer Application|
|General Coach's Meeting Video||Machine Pitch Coach Video|
|Coaching 101||Coaching 102|
|Baseball Lineup Tool|