Track & Field
Registration for Track & Field is now open
We are excited to launch our Track and Field Ministry this spring & summer here at Colonial. This will be a great opportunity for our youth to display their physical talents and teach them Christian values that will help them grow and endure in the race of life. Youth and teens from the ages of 7 to 18 (as of May 1st) are encouraged to join. We will be meeting at both West Cary Middle School and here at Colonial for team practices during the season. Practices will be from 6:00-8:00 pm. Information regarding meet dates will be posted once this information becomes available. Parents, please keep in mind that some travel will be required for participation at the meets we enter. Looking forward to enjoying a very exciting season of fellowship, competition and fun.
This team is intended for boys and girls in Elementary through High School who love to run! The practices, runs and meets are designed for those who enjoy the sport of track & field and/or competing in order to learn, improve and continue their joy of running. The cost of registration is $90 and this includes U.S. Track & Field membership, the cost of rental of our offsite facilities, and the cost of the uniform.
- Information regarding the first day of practice and meet dates will be posted as the spring draws near.
- Meets will tentatively begin in May and run through July.
- Boys/girls, runners will train together but will run separate races at the meets (not co-ed).
- We are able to field teams of approximately 25 girls and 25 boys at the middle school meets (dependent upon the number of coaches we have).
- Emphasis will be placed on fun and sportsmanship, along with running, stretching and injury prevention skills.
- There will be a weekly team devotion.
- The cost to register a child is $90. There will be additional cost per athlete for the various meets they enter.
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 100, 200, 400, 800,1600 & 3200 meters
- 100, 110 & 300 meter hurdles
- 4X100, 4X200, 4X400 & 4X800 meters
- long & triple jump
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR ATHLETE
1. Water Bottle (as in a thermos) or bottled water
2. Good pair of running shoes
4. Book bag, gym bag, duffle bag, etc
5. Sweat pants
6. Stretch rope