Track & Field
REGISTRATION FOR THE SPRING/SUMMER SESSION IS NOW OPEN!
We are excited for another season of the Track and Field Ministry this upcoming summer here at Colonial. This will be a great opportunity for our youth to display their physical talents and teach them Christian truths that will help them grow and endure in the race of life. Youth and teens from the ages of 7 to 18 (as of June 1st) are encouraged to join! We will be meeting at both Centennial Elementary School and at Colonial for team practices during the season. Practices will be from 6:00-7:30 pm. Parents, please keep in mind that some travel will be required for participation at the meets we enter. Please also make note that participation in meets is entirely optional. Participants may choose to only practice and not participate in any of the meets. Looking forward to enjoying a very exciting season of fellowship, competition, and fun. There will be a parent meeting at Colonial on Monday, May 20th @ 6 pm in FC 206 ( Second floor of the Family Center)
This team is intended for boys and girls in Elementary through High School who love to run! The practices, runs and meets are designed for those who enjoy the sport of track & field and/or competing in order to learn, improve and continue their joy of running. The cost of registration is $80.00 and includes the cost of rental of our offsite facilities, and the cost of the jersey.
- Practices will begin on Wednesday, May 22nd and run through Monday, July 18th at Centennial Middle School (see direction link above).
- Boys/girls, runners will train together but will run separate races at the meets (not co-ed).
- We are able to field teams of approximately 25 girls and 25 boys at the middle school meets (dependent upon the number of coaches we have).
- Emphasis will be placed on fun and sportsmanship, along with running, stretching and injury prevention skills.
- There will be a weekly team devotion.
- There will be an additional cost per athlete for the various meets they enter.
Practice times are from 6:00 - 7:30 pm each evening. The first day of practice will be Wednesday, May 22nd and the last day of practice will be Monday, July 18th.
Practice days for Month of June: Mondays and Wednesdays.
Practice days for Month of July: Tuesdays and Thursdays.
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 100, 200, 400, 800,1600 & 3200 meters
- 100, 110 & 300 meter hurdles
- 4X100, 4X200, 4X400 & 4X800 meters
- long & triple jump
1. Water Bottle (as in a thermos) or bottled water RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR ATHLETE
2. Good pair of running shoes
4. Book bag, gym bag, duffel bag, etc. to carry track supplies
5. Warm-up pants
6. Stretch rope