Track & Field
Registration for Track & Field is open until May 1st
We are excited to launch our Track and Field Ministry this spring & summer here at Colonial. This will be a great opportunity for our youth to display their physical talents and teach them Christian values that will help them grow and endure in the race of life. Youth and teens from the ages of 7 to 18 (as of May 1st) are encouraged to join. We will be meeting at both Centennial Elementary School and here at Colonial for team practices during the season. Practices will be from 6:00-8:00 pm. Parents, please keep in mind that some travel will be required for participation at the meets we enter. Please also make note that participation in meets is entirely optional. Participants may choose to only practice and not participate in any of the meets.Looking forward to enjoying a very exciting season of fellowship, competition and fun. There will be a parent meeting on Thursday May 4th @ 6pm in FC 204 ( The second floor of the family center)
This team is intended for boys and girls in Elementary through High School who love to run! The practices, runs and meets are designed for those who enjoy the sport of track & field and/or competing in order to learn, improve and continue their joy of running. The cost of registration is $90 and this includes U.S. Track & Field membership, the cost of rental of our offsite facilities, and the cost of the uniform.
- Meets will tentatively begin in May and run through July.
- Boys/girls, runners will train together but will run separate races at the meets (not co-ed).
- We are able to field teams of approximately 25 girls and 25 boys at the middle school meets (dependent upon the number of coaches we have).
- Emphasis will be placed on fun and sportsmanship, along with running, stretching and injury prevention skills.
- There will be a weekly team devotion.
- The cost to register a child is $90. There will be additional cost per athlete for the various meets they enter.
Practice times are from 6:00 - 7:30 pm each evening. The practice schedule is as follows:
May: 8, 10, 15, 17
At Centennial Middle School:
May: 22, 24, 30, 31
June: 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
July: 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
LIST OF EVENTS:
- 100, 200, 400, 800,1600 & 3200 meters
- 100, 110 & 300 meter hurdles
- 4X100, 4X200, 4X400 & 4X800 meters
- long & triple jump
|Colonial Track Club Schedule (Tentatve)|
|Developmental Meet||Durham Striders||Durham County Stadium||Durham||May 27|
|NC State Games||NCAS||TBD||TBD||June 3|
|Jim Law||Charlotte Flights||TBD||Charlotte||June 17-18|
|USA Junior Outdoor||USATF||TBD||TBD||June 22-24|
|NC USATF Junior Olympics||NC USATF||TBD||TBD||June 22-25|
|USATF Hershey Youth Nationals||USATF||TBD||TBD||June 28- July 3|
|USATF Region 3 Meet||NC USATF||TBD||TBD||July 6-9|
|Russell E. Blunt ECI||Durham Striders||Durham County Stadium||Durham||July 21-23|
|USATF Junior Olympic Nationals||USATF||U of Kansas||Lawrene, KS||July 24-30|
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR ATHLETE
1. Water Bottle (as in a thermos) or bottled water
2. Good pair of running shoes
4. Book bag, gym bag, duffle bag, etc
5. Sweat pants
6. Stretch rope