I just registered my child for the upcoming fall season (Flag Football, Soccer, Developmental Soccer, and Special Needs). When is the season starting?
- Colonial Sports is pushing back both registration and the season start date for all of our sports. We are doing this to give our staff ample time to install safety measures for the upcoming season.
- Registration ends on August 18th for Flag Football and Soccer. Developmental Soccer ends September 4th.
- First practices (Flag Football and Soccer) start the week of September 14th.
- First games (Flag Football and Soccer) start the week of September 19th and end on October 31st. Developmental Soccer and Special Needs start on September 26th and end on October 31st.
Normally there is an evaluation night. Will there be one this year?
- No - For this season only, we are not having an evaluation night. Instead, we are doing an "academy style" season. This means that all the players for an age division will be together for the whole season.
Will my child have to wear masks during practices and games?
- No - "Strenuously Exercising" is listed in the North Carolina list of exemptions for wearing masks. Your child will be "strenuously exercising" during both practices and games. Therefore, they will not have to wear a mask.
Will they practice social distancing on the sidelines?
- Yes - they will social distance on the sidelines. We will not put out benches this year for those on the sideline. Instead, we will have specific places for children to sit (6 feet apart) on the sideline.
Will my child play a lot of different teams or will they be with one team?
- For this year only, we are doing an "Academy Style" season. This means that your child will be with the same kids all season. They will practice and play games against the same children.
Will friends and family on the sideline be required to wear a mask?
- If families stay 6 feet away from other families, they will not have to wear a mask.
Will there be snacks given out at the end of the game?
- No - Colonial Sports wants to limit the amount of hand to hand contact.
Will water be provided? Will the church be open to get water?
- No - Water will not be provided. Please bring a water bottle that will only be used by your child. Water fountains are turned off inside of the church.
Will coaches and on field staff wear masks?
- Yes - Colonial Sports requires that coaches and on field staff wear masks while they are on our fields/facilities.
Will there be hand sanitizer at the games?
- Yes- We will have hand sanitizer stations located at the Gazebo.
Will equipment be sanitized?
- Yes - After games and practices, balls and equipment that are used will be sanitized. Also, we ask that anyone who brings their own equipment sanitize that piece of equipment after each practice/game.
Can we gather and talk at the end of games?
- Colonial Sports asks that you and your child leave immediately after the game ends. We do not want an overflow of people on the field at one time.
If my child is sick, can he still attend games/practices?
- No- If your child has a cough, fever, cold, or shows any symptoms of Covid-19, do not attend practices or games and please inform your coach.
If my child or someone in our family discovers they have Covid-19, should I tell anyone?
- Yes – Please email Justin Hollabaugh at email@example.com with the details of the exposure.
I have registered my child for an indoor sport (Archery, Table Tennis). When is the season starting?
- Table Tennis will start September 15th, while Archery starts September 17th.