Registration for the fall 2019 season has now gone to a Wait List
This league is only offered in the fall each year and is intended for boys and girls 6 to 13 years old (as of 9/1/2019). There will be U9 (ages 6-8), U11 (ages 9 & 10), and U14 (Ages 11-13) age divisions dependent on number of participants. There will be one mandatory evaluation night for ALL players on Tuesday, August 6th from 6:00pm- 7:15pm to help create "equally skilled" teams (mouth guards are not required for the Evaluation Night) . The cost of registration is $80. Registration will close Monday, August 5th at 11:59 PM.
Since Colonial Sports Ministry has grown to more than 3000 participants annually, we are no longer able to accommodate every request. However, we will still
- Allow you to select one night you unable to practice
- Allow your children to play on the same team of whomever you invite (as long as they have never before participated in the Colonial Sports Ministry)
- Do our best to have siblings practice on the same night
- Practices will be held once per week either on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15 - 7:30 pm starting the week of August 26th.
- With shortened daylight time in the evening as the season progresses, there will be adjustments to these times about which parents and coaches will all be notified by the director, Peter Bonner.
- You will be able to exclude one practice night.
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
- Games will begin on Saturday, September 7th and conclude on Saturday, October 19th (7 games).
- Games are played on Saturdays between 8am - 4:30pm
- Each game will be 60 minutes long consisting of four 12 minute quarters (2 minute break after the 1st quarter, a 5 minute half-time, and a 2 minute break after the 3rd quarter).
- All games will be played at Colonial.
- Since we are a recreational league, we ask all our coaches to have their players play varied positions throughout the season.
|U9 Flag Football||U11 Flag Football||U14 Flag Football|
Required equipment includes:
- a mouth piece
- shorts with no pockets
- Cleats are optional, but suggested.
- As we will provide footballs for teams to use, players should not bring their own football to the field.
- U9 age division will use a pee-wee sized football
- U11 will use a junior sized football
- U14 will use a youth sized football
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of these young men's lives. I can say that these young men are on the right path. As we conducted devotion time these young men were articulate with their answers and some quoted scripture. I was very encouraged by this and coach Mark and I really encouraged them with their faith walk. I do enjoy coaching and mentoring, it is a great opportunity to encourage and be a positive influence in the lives of many.
|Flag Football Coach Registration||Flag Football Rules|
|Coach/Parent Handbook||Flag Football Skills
|Ministry Volunteer Application||General Coach's Video|
|Flag Football Coach Video|
|Flag Football Calendar||Flag Football Calendar|
|Concussion Symptoms||Heat Exhaustion: Warning Signs and Treatment|