Registration will open March 1st, 2021!
We are excited for another great season of Track and Field this upcoming summer! This will be a great opportunity for our youth to display their physical talents and teach them Christian truths that will help them grow and endure in the race of life. Youth and teens from the ages of 7 to 18 (as of June 1st) are encouraged to join! We will be meeting at Colonial for team practices during the season. Practices will be from 6:00-7:30 pm. Looking forward to enjoying a very exciting season of fellowship, competition, and fun.
This team is intended for boys and girls in Elementary through High School who love to run! The sessions are designed for those who enjoy the sport of track & field and/or competing in order to learn, improve and continue their joy of running. The cost of registration is $50.00.
- Practices will begin on Monday, July 6th and run through Wednesday, August 5th at Crossroads Sports (Field 6-Courtyard)
- Emphasis will be placed on fun and sportsmanship, along with running, stretching and injury prevention skills.
- There will be a weekly team devotion.
Practice times are from 6:00 - 7:30 pm each evening. The first day of practice will be Wednesday, July 6th and the last day of practice will be Wednesday, August 5th.
Practice Days: Monday, Wednesday
Different Events that will be trained for:
- 100, 200, 400, 800,1600 & 3200 meters
- 100, 110 & 300 meter hurdles
- 4X100, 4X200, 4X400 & 4X800 meters
- long & triple jump
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR ATHLETE
- Water Bottle (as in a thermos) or bottled water
- Good pair of running shoes
- Book bag, gym bag, duffel bag, etc. to carry track supplies
- Warm-up pants
- Stretch rope